With the move coming closer and closer, I have been house hunting online in most of my spare time.
It's so hard for me to decided where we want to end up.
My main goal was to just get a decent place and save a ton of money so that we can move back and maybe be able to get a place by the beach (very wishful thinking), but now that I have been tainted by all the glamorous houses and custom kitchens my once unwavering goal is going a bit foggy.
However, I am going to try and stick to my guns and not let myself be temped.
In my last Atlanta post I was pretty much just in awe of the potential houses we could live in.
But, as I have embarked on this house hunting journey, I have come across some pretty interesting stuff to say the least.
When my agent sends me links to MLS pages it will show the house facade with some pictures of the inside (pretty typical).
One would think that as a seller, one would put the most attractive pictures up trying to sell your house right?
But, as I have embarked on this house hunting journey, I have come across some pretty interesting stuff to say the least.
When my agent sends me links to MLS pages it will show the house facade with some pictures of the inside (pretty typical).
One would think that as a seller, one would put the most attractive pictures up trying to sell your house right?
Well, apparently some people didn't get the memo.
Here are some of my favorites for your viewing pleasure...
Ok- so this house looks very charming and beautiful.
I click on it to see how the inside is and, all I can say is that, looks can be deceiving.
Humm... I don't even know where to start. My eyes about burred out of their sockets from viewing the neon glow this produced radiating from my ipad at 10pm.
I'm pretty sure I would like to avid a NASCAR kitchen...just a thought.
They also included another view in case the first one didn't do it for you.
This is their "upgraded formal dining room."
Upgraded to the 80s from the 50s perhaps?
I don't know what is worse, the awful wall paper, or the creepy family portrait.
Really?
Three things.
Why is this room painted this color?
Why are there creepy splotches all over the walls?
And why would you put this picture on the MLS?
If your have a room this bad, don't show a picture of it.
There aren't rules that you have to post every square foot of your house.
I am pretty sure someone was murdered here.
Now, this kitchen might disturb me most of all because it looks like the owner really put some thought (and money) into making it look this gross.
Who decides to paint their cabinets flesh color and then outline them in black?
This basement goes with the kitchen above.
It's not a horrible space, and it is actually a plus that it is finished.
I do appreciate the flooring and the builtin (although I am not sure why the didn't extend it all the way across and leave awkward spaces to fill).
But, I am so baffled to why they felt the need to add a stone 'wainscoting wall' if you will, to only one wall and then randomly have the stonework increase two feet at the end.
I am not a designer at all, so if there is something that I am missing please let me know, but it just seems really odd.
Obviously, these are the rejected houses.
And my agent didn't choose these for us specifically, she is actually very good and super sweet, they just happened to get filtered in with the rest, but we had a good laugh.
Anyway, I am starting to think practically again, just wanting a nice place, (nothing spectacular, but clean and livable) in a nicer location closer to better parks, shopping, trails, Target, and Trader Joes.
If I can avoid creepy attics and splotchy walls I think we will be good :)









2 comments:
Wow, how can the same person have that green kitchen and 80's dining room? That just doesn't make sense. Pretty funny, I love house hunting, keep the posts coming, so fun!
I am so glad you posted these. I sat here and laughed out loud...so funny!
Post a Comment