I have been slacking at the blog updates lately.
But with good reason. There have been some pretty exciting things going on around here.
A lot of you know about my cousins car accident last year and have been so sweet in supporting our family through sweet notes, fundraising, and donations.
Thank you.
For those of you who don't you can read more about his story here.
A couple weeks ago they finished the renovation on their home and Jimmy was able to come home for the first time since his accident.
Before that, he was in an assisted home that worked with him on physical therapy and helping him recover.
However, it was very far away from their house so my Uncle and Aunt would have to switch off being there with him and only see each other maybe an hour a day.
The stress of it all was definitely taking a toll on them.
So, thankfully they had some great support from the community and were able to renovate a room for Jimmy to come and finish his recovery at home.
We are so happy that Jimmy is home and are excited for him to recover.
The day of his homecoming was awesome.
Such an emotional day.
Jack and I started it off by making cupcakes and posters.
(On a side note, the day before I bought some new music on iTunes that I really wanted to listen to in the car and I don't have an iPod hook-up or that radio connector thing and decided to put it on a cd. So- that morning I burned a mixed tape, spray painted posters, and baked cupcakes. I felt like I was back in ASB in high school.) It was great.
We packed everything up and headed to Jimmy's to decorate along with all my family and his friends.
We hung posters and put up balloons.
Jack heart-attacked his door with all the sweet messages from Auntie Angela's friends at work.
Then everyone gathered outside to welcome Jimmy home!
The van pulled up and everyone cheered!
There were a ton of media following his story too.
His Dad, Mom, and my Mom all helped get him in his bed.
It was a wonderful feeling knowing he was home.
We all gave him hugs and welcomed him home.
His adorable girlfriend Nicole and our Grandma never left his side.
His best friend Avery, who was in the car with him was there for him too.
It was an amazing day.
We are so happy he is home and doing well.
He still has a long road ahead of him, but we are very optimistic!
Thank you all for your support!
If you would like to donate towards his growing medical needs please visit: http://www.bringjimmyhome.com/












1 comment:
Such a moving story. Thanks for sharing the photos. Your family is incredible!
Post a Comment